how to launch a clothing line
ZOELAB DAY 75
1) Decide that you want to be a fashion designer, or at least learn to sew your own clothes, even though you don’t believe you can because you don’t have the patience.
2) Receive sewing machine as birthday present.
3) Take sewing classes, which are fun, but lead to no independent sewing.
4) Wait years.
5) Take another few sewing classes, which are also fun, but lead to no independent sewing.
6) Then, sew an easy project, like curtains.
7) When looking at the seams, notice that your favorite dress is also easy to make.
8) Copy it as a t-shirt, with out really knowing how, with a single piece of fabric you’ve had for years.
9) Try other projects. Sew cloth birds to make mobile forfriend’s baby shower gift.
10) Dream about a serger. Don’t buy it yet.
11) Instead, buy a book about sewing.
12) Take a lesson on applique.
13) Turn favorite sweatshirt into the ultimate and absolutely most favorite sweatshirt.
14) Take independent lesson on how to copy a garment.
15) Dream about a serger, but instead buy a book about sewing with knits, saying to yourself that if you really start sewing a lot, then you can think about getting a serger.
16) Make more and more projects, before you know what you’re doing.
17) Receive a serger for a birthday present.
18) Try it out, make a few things.
19) Go to a local fashion show and believe your clothes will be in it next year.
20) Let the serger sit and sit.
21) Set up your sewing space.
22) Write on your blog how you are going to start a clothing line.
23) Don’t do any sewing.
24) Feel bad about how you aren’t doing any sewing.
To be continued...